Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ant pirmos žinutės

So.. I have been reluctant to start a blog because.. other people have really interesting and well written blogs, that I can't see myself achieving because I just write fluidly what comes into my head, nothing funny or witty or anything. And I have a complete lack of creativity, I spent about an hour pondering what the title should be for this blog. I eventually went with "Abu pasauliai", which is a Lithuanian cover of the Hannah Montana themesong "Best of Both Worlds" by Eglė Jurgaitytė. In Lithuanian it means simply "both worlds", which considering I spent the past year physically in Australia but with my head completely preoccupied by my upcoming exchange in Europe (the subject of this blog!), it seems very apt. And I'm quite taken with Lithuanian at the moment, thanks to the Lithuanian delegations enthusiam in the Junior Eurovision every year, I grew fond of the country, and now the language. Also I've lived in Oceania, North America now Europe, really experiencing both worlds. Not quite the 3rd world, one day? I'm completely keen to travel, hopefully I am able to document as much of Belgium as I can on here, and many other places in Europe!



I leave on exchange for Belgium on the 28th, so in 4 days. I'm being met at the airport by a friend, thank goodness :D And snow is now forecast for the day I arrive (after a 29 hour flight!), and as my complete and utter #1 dream is for it to snow, YAY :D

Another reason I was reluctant to make a blog is that I am just too lazy, I have a Junior Eurovision website also and I'm terrible at updating it, I could have done complete epic JESC 2011 coverage but I didn't.. I can just see this blog being abandoned too because I'm too lazy to update it. I've been "learning Dutch" for two years now and I've gotten nowhere because of this affliction! xD Maybe living out of home, having to just rely on myself will make me less lazy, let's call this exchange a character building experience. :P

Random sidenote of the day - I have grown a new appreciation for the song "Love in Rewind" by Dino Merlin after spending a lot of time analysing it recently.. I can really 'feel' it now. That's not intended to sound cheesy.

Anyway, I am now starting to combine nerves with my excitement of FINALLY leaving. And I haven't finshed packing. And my cat is now asleep in my suitcase :D

And it's 1am and I need to be up at 6am so more rambling soon. ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL The side bar thing is so Paul Turner. My Lena, your version of my stance on Lena. xD And you managed to write quite a lot even though you were 'uninspired'.

-xx Marjolein xD

Dara said...

Yeah but Marjo I just write random stuff and then cringe when I read it again later xD
Oh well :P

Dara said...

PS, that dude I found annoying? HOW XD

Annika said...

You lack of creativity?!? No way...remember the videos you make? Now,keeping a blog is not easy, but what you can do is try to update at least 1 in a week, like set a day to update your blog, and if you don't know what to write just post pictures. Oh, and in my opinion a personal blog is easier to update than a fan site..
If you say "I'll write everytime I feel like writing/I feel inspired" you'll never write (personal experience :P) and I'm pretty sure your blog will be super interesting and I want to read it, so WRITE! xD
Ps: yay for Dino Merlin xD

Bree said...

yay a dara blog!!! long live random stream of consciousness technique.
long live cheesy song feeling.

woo hoo i'm excited!! say hi to tintin for me :D

Anonymous said...

@Dara,
Did I already tell you he was English? xD Well there were like 5 English speakers in one team and that would mean they had to speak English half the night so they had to learn Dutch so then you get stuff like half Dutch and then finish in English like in your sidebar xD

-xx Marjolein

Anonymous said...

I didn't even notice you updated this :P SORRY XD I like the title, it totally fits. Have fun in Belgium and I can't wait to meet you :) We will have so much fun